California Criminal Records
1) California Warrants and Most Wanted Directory. Search for criminal wants and warrants in California.
2) Free searches - listed below. Be aware: California Penal Code section 11105 makes it illegal to provide a full statewide criminal history to anyone outside of law enforcement, except to the person who is the subject of the report. To search the criminal records of someone else you must submit fingerprints of applicants and be authorized by the state as a: contractor; employer; in-home supportive care provider; youth organization; human resources agency; contract/proprietary security organization; city, county or special district; school or other authorized agency. If you aren’t authorized by the State of California, then your best option is to check county court records. We suggest checking the free county and city resources below for arrests, inmates, court dates, court records, crime maps, and traffic court records. You can also look under the “Featured Public Records” area for statewide California Department of Corrections inmate records, Federal Bureau of Prisons inmates, Federal PACER system criminal court records (an inexpensive pay site).
3) California Department of Justice. Below you’ll find a link to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) for information on how to order a statewide criminal history check on yourself. A self-check costs $25 and requires Live Scan and fingerprints. This does not include U.S. Federal Records, so we recommend a PACER search as well. For searches on another individual, see the discussion in the paragraphs above. By law the DOJ is the ONLY resource that will provide a full California statewide criminal record search.
4) Search Systems State, National, and International Criminal Records. Expand your search with our Search Systems Premium criminal record database - the largest available to the public online containing over 400 million criminal records in all states. Includes over 70 national and international terrorist, debarred persons, and most wanted databases. The cost per search is $14.95 and results are immediate. See Inside Edition's report on YouTube.
Our California records include court records from 28 counties; Department of Corrections current inmate records; and registered offender records. A search of California records only is $9.95, immediate results.
If you find a broken link below, please use the Report a Broken Link form to let us know.
- California Criminal Records Free Search
|Criminal Records | Applicant Agencies |
Criminal records by law in California are NOT available to the public, but are available to qualified Applicant Agencies. Go here for more information on who qualifies as an Applicant Agency.
|Inmates | Executions in California |
Browse this California Department of Corrections list by name for California condemned inmates who have died since 1978 by execution as well as other causes.
|PACER U.S. District Criminal Court Records Pay Site|
Go here for information on and access to PACER United States District Court criminal records for the Northern, Central, Eastern, or Southern Districts of California.
|Alameda County Inmate Locator |
Search this Alameda County Inmate Locator database by name, date of birth or PFN number for current inmates. Provides place of arrest, arresting agency, report number, charges, upcoming court hearings and personal data.
|Amador County Criminal Court Records |
Search for superior court criminal filings by name, case number, citation number, date of birth, and drivers license number in Amador County. Includes records from 2002 to present.
|Chico Arrests |
View a list of arrests made in Chico in the past 30 days. Tip: Click on the WEEKLY ARRESTS link on the right side of their page.
|Corning Crime Mapping |
Search or browse service calls to the Corning Police Department using this interactive crime mapping service.
|El Dorado County Court Records |
Search the Superior Court of California, County of El Dorado civil, criminal and traffic court records by name, case number or date.
|El Dorado County Inmates |
Search the El Dorado County, California Sheriff's Office listing of current inmates in El Dorado County jails or search the database by phrase or key word.
|Glenn County Criminal & Traffic Court Records |
Use this Superior Court of Glenn County service to search for civil, family law, criminal, and/or traffic court filings by name, file date, and case type, or search by case number.
|Imperial County Calendars |
Obtain Calendar information provided by the Imperial County Superior Court. These calendars are updated daily with descriptions of civil and criminal cases.
|Kern County Inmates |
Use this service provided by the Kern County Sheriff to search the current inmates of the Kern County Jail by inmate number or name.
|Marin County |
Criminal Superior Court records in Marin County.
|Napa County Court Records - Criminal |
Click on Case Lookup at the top of the page to search the Superior Court of California County of Napa for criminal records by case number; or click on Record Search to search by name and date of birth.
|Norfolk | Crime Map |
One of the better interactive crime maps available. This one is from the Norfolk Police Department and plots out crime incidents in the last 90 days.
|Orange County Court Calendars |
Superior Court of California, County of Orange criminal, civil, small claims, traffic, family law, and probate case calendars.
|Orange County Court Records |
Orange County Superior Court access to criminal, small claims, civil, traffic, family law, and probate case records.
|Orange County Inmates |
Search the Orange County Sheriff Department for currently incarcerated inmate information. Search by name, booking number, or browse the list of inmate names.
|Placer County |
Placer County Superior Court criminal, traffic, civil, and family law case records.
|Riverside County Inmates |
Use this service provided by the Sheriff to search the current inmate population of the Riverside County Jail by name or booking number.
|Sacramento County Inmates |
Use this Sacramento County service to search for current inmates by name, XREF number, or browse by last name.
|San Diego County Criminal Court Records |
Enter and select Criminal in the Select Case Type field to search Superior Court of San Diego County criminal case records by party name, case number, or DA number.
|Santa Clara County Criminal Case Numbers |
Find criminal case numbers in the Santa Clara County Superior Court. The 5-year index is searchable by name and birthdate, name and filing date, or case number. Results provide name, filing date and case number only.
|Santa Cruz County Inmate Locator |
Search for inmates in Santa Cruz County by last name or inmate number (S-number). Personal information, booking details, and location in custody are provided.
|Santa Cruz Crime Maps |
Provided by: City of Santa Cruz Police Department. Browse this system by month and type of crime to view crime maps.
Do a comprehensive background search of over 500 million court, inmate, corrections, offender, and fugitive records.