Search Free Public Records

Free Public Records at          Search by Type of Record          Vital Records          California

Search Systems Premium

Criminal Records
Bankruptcies, Judgments, Liens
Tenant Screening
National Security Databases


People Search
Reverse Phone Lookup
Background Check
Instant Email Lookup
Instant Property Report



California Births Deaths Marriages Divorces

Department of Public Health:

Visit the California Dept. of Public Health for information on how to obtain birth, marriage, and death certificates in California, as well as how to obtain information from their central registry of marriages and divorces. The Department of Health provides an online guide to How to Obtain Certified Copies of California Marriage and Divorce Records.

California Birth, death, and marriage records are available starting with July of 1905.  To place an order, write to: California Department of Health Services | M.S. 5103, PO Box 997410 | Sacramento, California 95899

Two types of certified copies are provided:  authorized copies and informational copies.  For more information on the types of certificates, visit here.

Birth Records are also available from California County Registrars and Recorders.

Marriage Records:  Marriage records can be “Public” or “Private” in California and a marriage certificate's status affects whether or not you can obtain or view a marriage certificate. Marriage records are also available from California County Registrars and Recorders.

Divorce Records:  Divorce records in California are available from the Superior Court in the county where the divorce was filed.   Some California counties provide searchable court record databases online.  If the county court database you'd like to search isn't online and therefore not listed below, use this link to a full listing of contact information for California Superior Courts.

Discover your family's story.

Enter a grandparent's name to get started.

Start Now

If you find a broken link below, please use the Report a Broken Link form to let us know.

  • Public Records

Public Records

Please use the Report Broken Link form if any of the above resources do not connect

Privacy Policy