1) Free searches - listed below. Georgia provides free access to a range of criminal record databases, but there is no free statewide online criminal court record search. If you want to focus on free searches, try using the city and county resources on this page. Depending on the area, you can find criminal court calendars, court records, inmates, and arrests. Listed under “Featured Public Records” you will find state and federal inmate databases, parolee and registered offender databases, Supreme and Appeals Court databases, and federal criminal records through the PACER U.S. District Court system (requires registration and a small fee).
2) Georgia Felon Search. Whether you’re looking for your own record or want to do a criminal history search on someone else, use the resource below titled “Criminal Histories | Georgia Felon Search Online.” The GCIC is the central repository for felony criminal histories and for $15 will perform a felony criminal history search. For each record you wish to obtain full details, they charge an additional $15. This does not include U.S. Federal Records, so we recommend a PACER search and a search of the Federal Bureau of Prisons inmate records as well.
3) GAPS Employment Fingerprint Services. If you're doing an employment background search, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has a new fingerprint submission process called GAPS (Georgia Applicant Processing Services). GAPS has fixed locations in Georgia that are established so that no one has to drive more than 50 miles to do a search. Results are available in 24 to 48 hours.
4) Sheriff’s Office or Police Department. If you’d like a copy of your own Georgia criminal history (or be reassured that you don’t have one), you can contact a local Georgia Sheriff’s Office or Police Department about what their requirements are for obtaining your record.
5) Search Systems State, National, and International Criminal Records. Criminals don't stop at state borders. Expand your search with our Search Systems Premium criminal record database - the largest available to the public online containing over 400 million criminal records in all states. Includes over 70 national and international terrorist, debarred persons, and most wanted databases. The cost per search is $14.95 and results are immediate. See Inside Edition's report on YouTube.
Our Georgia records include Georgia Bureau of Investigation felony convictions; felony and/or misdemeanor convictions from 9 counties; Department of Corrections inmate records; Parole Board records of current parolees; and registered offender records. A search of Georgia records only is $9.95, immediate results.
If you find a broken link below, please use the Report a Broken Link form to let us know.